Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello Again Friends!

Well it's 2012, Happy New Year! I'm gonna try to get this old girl up & running again! I don't know how many times I've said that, on multiple blogs, but THIS TIME I'm serious! In this post I'm gonna recap my year of 2011 with pictures & captions *a stolen idea from my dear friend "Eleanor Eats" *Here we go!

DISCLAIMER: Most of these pictures are unedited with dull lighting. Pardon me.


LinkJanuary 2011: This face pretty much sums up the year of being 3! Sassy little girl seems to have a toned down her bratty attitude since turning 4 but is channeling her 16 year old future self.


February 2011: The month of love! Look at this face! I'm not a religious person, but thank you God for bringing this sweet cherub into my life. She is such a joy!


March 2011: Our first trip to downtown Baltimore. Free aquarium night! It's a pretty cool city but it reminds me of Detroit, in terms of ghetto.


April 2011: Meet Ryan! This is Jordyn's twin in male form! Of course we meet an amazing family in Delaware right before we move to New York :( April started our long journey to finding a home, living in a hotel & losing my last thread of sanity during it all.


May 2011: My birthday fell on Mother's day this year. Although I had to spend both in a hotel room, at least my dear husband found the time to get me breakfast & beautiful sunflowers!

June 2011: This month is a big one for our family because... we bought our FIRST house! We had the best realtor, mortgage lender & lawyer in town. They put up with so much from me & I appreciate all the hard work they did to get us out of that hotel & into our home as fast as possible! I'm as happy as a tree without eyes!

July 2011: We had our first visitors, the inlaws! And they brought us a lovely housewarming present; a giant swing set for our kiddos!


August 2011: This picture just cracks me up. I didn't take a lot of pictures this month due to the massive amount of work this house needs. Let's face it, when you buy a house from old people it takes awhile to get it up to date & smelling like something other then mothballs.


September 2011: Future crazy couple perhaps? We got a nice visit from our friends this month! Activities included making a movie theater in the basement, a bubble/mud slide, numerous baths & Hill Billy Handfishing marathons.


October 2011: My favorite month of the year! We celebrated Jordyn's 4th birthday & Adalyn's 1st birthday back at home in Michigan. We had a blast & the party was awesome! We had our first Halloween in our new house too! Jordyn was Olivia the pig & Adalyn was an owl.


November 2011: Just another prime example that my children are crazy! This was another month of home improvement so not many pictures were taken. But I got ever closer to finishing the 5 month project of remodeling Jordyn's bedroom!


December 2011: Christmas was a mix of emotions this year. Paul had to stay home due to his new job, so the girls & I traveled by train back to Michigan. We spent 10 days there & got to see a lot of very special people. Never again will I do it alone! The girls got tons of gifts, like always and I got to spend time with my best friends which is rare! All in all it was a good time but we were happy to head home.

Goodbye 2011! To say you were the year of "New" would be an understatement, but for a gypsy family like us, every year is a year of new. After 4 moves from 5 different states in 2 years, I'm happy to no longer be a wandering gypsy... at least for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a year in pictures! I hope I'm in your 2012 post a year from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last pic of the girls! <3

    ReplyDelete