Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

In West Philadelphia...



Scratch that, more like South Philadelphia and no I wasn't born or raised there, I just like Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I love Philly... so far. I haven't gotten to explore as much as I would like to since I just had a baby but I hope that changes this Spring. It would be great to live there if it wasn't an hour away from Paul's work & if we didn't have kids. It's weird being able to wander a city and see thriving small businesses, tattoo parlors & even the elderly. You don't get that in Detroit. All you get in Detroit is a small area of very large attractions and the hood aka lock your doors & run red lights. I love Detroit but not in the same way I love other big cities. I have fond memories of going downtown to baseball games at Tiger Stadium, fairs at Hart Plaza & concerts at the State theater. I also have stories of prostitutes getting picked up on motorized wheel chairs & memories of being harassed by a one legged woman on my 18th birthday. It's what I know best. So when we are able to comfortably explore a major city we take advantage of that.


If you are ever in South Philly I highly recommend trying Famous 4th Street Deli and don't forget to share because the portion size is out of control!

Pictures taken by my wonderful sister Lyndsey Sebok.

No comments:

Post a Comment